Living in a natural setting such as Hendersonville, it’s hard to resist the feeling to eat and live healthy. Mountain trails provide the perfect opportunity to exercise and enjoy the pleasures of North Carolina’s wilderness, but its the local farmers markets that drive the healthy lifestyle. Finding fresh produce and succulent fruit is readily available at a number of locations around town.
The best part about shopping at Hendersonville’s farmers markets is your support for the local economy. You’ll have the chance to meet like-minded people and talk with farmers, discover new recipes, and come to understand the town culture. Neighbors and friends regularly gather at the market to shop together and usually share a meal together afterwards. When you do get home and cook with your fresh food, you’ll instantly realize the difference in taste. Soon, you’ll be going back to the farmers market every week.
What’s Not to Like? It’s tasty. It’s healthy. It supports local farmers.
Local Farmers Markets
- Henderson County Curb Market
- Located on the corner of 2nd Ave. and Church St.
- Open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (April – December)
- From January to March, they’re open every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- For more information, visit www.curbmarket.com
- Henderson County Tailgate Market
- Located at 100 N. King Street in downtown Hendersonville
- Open Saturdays from 7 a.m. to Noon (April – October)
- For more information, visit www.hendersoncountytailgatemarket.com
- Mills River Farm Market
- Located along Hwy 280 in the G&B Energy Plaza, Mills River, NC
- Open Saturdays from 8 a.m. to Noon
- The Village of Flat Rock Tailgate Market
- Located in the parking area behind Hand in Hand Gallery, Flat Rock, NC
- Open May-October, Thursdays, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Western North Carolina Farmers Market
- Located at 570 Brevard Road, Asheville, NC (between 1-26 & I-40)
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (April to October)
- From November to March, they’re open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.